Hoylake Photographic Society is affiliated to the Lancashire and Cheshire Photographic Union (L&CPU) Website: http://lcpu.org/
There are 96 associated clubs with a membership of over 4,000 photographers
The objects of the Union shall be to foster and encourage the advancement of the science and practice of the art of photography, to provide means for such to federated societies and to provide means for the mutual benefit and protection of federated societies and to form a link between them and the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain.
The Union further shall: –
- Arrange for the circulation of photographic portfolios to its member societies.
- Organise or join in organising photographic competitions, exhibitions and meetings.
- Present Awards and / or Certificates of Merit when appropriate.
- Maintain a panel of judges for competitions and exhibitions.
- Maintain a panel of lecturers.
Many of the judges and lecturers we use are from the lists provided by the L&CPU. John & Margaret Sixsmith and Diana Magor are official L&CPU judges. If any member would like to see them in action judging, you only have to ask and something can be arranged. The L&CPU arrange training sessions for judges, and members may apply to go on one of these sessions – even if you only want to find out how things work. Find out more . As a club we take the showing of the Hoylake International Exhibition to clubs in the L&CPU area and others in Wales
Bury Photographic Society 6th September http://www.buryps.co.uk/
Warrington Photographic Society 18th September http://www.warringtonps.co.uk/
South Liverpool PS 20th September http://slps.co.uk/
Hawarden PS 18th October www.hawardenphotographicsociety.com
St Helen’s PS 26th November http://sthelenscameraclub.org.uk/
The L&CPU run Competitions for Clubs and Individuals
- The Club Print and DPI Competition. Hoylake enter this competition as a club. Robert Devenish is the club representative for this competition, and images are chosen from the prints and DPIs submitted for our Annual Competition. Results of the latest competition can be found here. From this competition the L&CPU put together a number of folios which are sent to the Club, and this season there will be three showings of the L&CPU folios – 28th September, 7th December and 18th January
- The Individual Print and DPI Competition. This is a competition for individuals – not clubs and members can choose whether or not they enter, and what they enter. Once we know the details of the next competition we will contact members. Find out more
- Audio-Visual Competition The L&CPU run an annual AV competition. In 2018, Diana Magor was awarded a Highly Commended by the judges, and Steve Lewis came 2nd in the audience poll. Details can be found here